Tuesday, September 30, 2014

banana mango smoothie


I didn't care much for smoothies a few years ago. Somehow, they always collected in the back of my throat and got really hard to swallow, after a few sips.

Something changed, though. Maybe it was the addition of ice, which was not the usual way back when. I absolutely adore smoothies now.

Here is our current favorite. Adding a big handful of spinach will add lots of good stuff for your body, not taste much different, and turn the smoothie a lovely shade of green. :)

Banana Mango Smoothie


In a blender pitcher, add 1 cup milk, 1 cup greek yogurt, 1 1/2 cups ice cubes, 1 banana (broken into pieces), 1 mango (peeled and chunked), 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon honey. Blend until smooth and thick.


This whips up into about 6 cups of smoothie, so I guess 6 servings at the breakfast table with some other breakfast items. We tend to split it between 3 - Dillon and I take ours and head to work/school, and Stevie, who doesn't have to be out and about as early, can have hers at a bit more leisurely pace.




Enjoy!



This is how most of my recipes start - scribbled on a pad from somewhere on the web. If they pass the test, they find a home in my recipe box on a cute little recipe card. lol


No comments:

Post a Comment